TicoRural Privacy Policy

Business Description:

Our website address is: https://ticorural.com/.

TicoRural operates as an online marketplace that enables tour operators to offer their own tours and experiences. We facilitate the booking of these experiences, connect tour operators with customers, and retain a 20% commission from the tour price. The retention is subject to TicoRural’s cancellation and refund policy. The remaining 80% is paid directly to the tour operator, who establishes their own cancellation and refund rules.

Information Collection:

User Information:

We collect limited personal information, such as name, email address, and travel preferences, during the booking process.

Payment data is securely handled through reliable payment services.

Use of Cookies:

We use cookies to enhance the user experience and gather information about browsing behavior.

If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.

When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.

If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.


When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.

Use of Information:

Reservations and Communication:

The provided information is used to facilitate bookings and maintain communication between tour operators and customers.

Marketing and Promotions:

With user consent, we may send information about promotions and new experiences.

Sharing Information:

With Tour Operators:

We share necessary information with tour operators to ensure the execution of bookings.

With Trusted Third Parties:

Information is shared with payment services and service providers that comply with security standards.

Information Security:

Security Measures:

We implement physical and electronic security measures to protect user information.

Data Retention:

User information is retained for the time necessary to fulfill operational and legal purposes.

User Rights:

Access and Modification:

Users can access and correct their personal information through the platform.

Right to Be Forgotten:

Users can request the deletion of their personal information, subject to legal and operational requirements.

Changes to the Privacy Policy:

Notification of Changes:

Changes to the privacy policy will be communicated to users through the platform.

Continued Consent:

The continued use of our services after changes constitutes the user’s consent to the modified policy.

This privacy policy aims to protect user information and ensure transparency in our operational practices. TicoRural is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of collected data.