TicoRural Cancellation and Refund Policy


Business Description: TicoRural serves as a marketplace, allowing tour operators to showcase their own tours and experiences. TicoRural handles reservations, connects tour operators with customers, and retains a 20% commission from the tour price. This commission is subject to TicoRural’s cancellation and refund policy, while the remaining 80% is paid directly to the tour operator, who establishes their own cancellation and refund rules for each experience.

TicoRural Cancellation and Refund Policy:

  1. Full Refund:

    • TicoRural provides a full refund for all orders canceled at least 24 hours before the tour begins.
    • Refunds will be processed using the same payment method used for the original booking.
  2. Cancellations with Less Than 24 Hours Notice:

    • Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice before the tour begins are not eligible for a refund.
    • The 20% commission retained by TicoRural will be applied and is non-refundable in this case.
  3. Policy for the Remaining 80%:

    • The remaining 80% of the tour price must be paid directly to the tour operator.
    • Cancellation and refund rules for this 80% are determined by the tour operator and may vary depending on the experience.
  4. Modifications and Changes:

    • Customers can request modifications to their bookings, provided they are made in advance and are subject to the availability of the tour operator.
    • TicoRural will make efforts to facilitate such modifications whenever possible.
  5. Cancellation by the Tour Operator:

    • In the event of a tour operator canceling a reservation, TicoRural will actively collaborate to reschedule the experience or provide a full refund, based on the customer’s preference.

This policy aims to strike a balance between flexibility for customers and the need to ensure the sustainability of the business for associated tour operators. TicoRural is committed to providing transparent and fair service for all parties involved.